General Micro Scooter Care
Apr 24, 2018 3:36:16 PM Kris S.
Caring for Your Micro Scooter
Micro scooters are built to last, but here are some tips to ensure a long life for your scooter:
- Store your scooter indoors in a dry place. When not in use, it is best to store your scooter inside or in the garage. Avoiding exposure to bad weather and excessive moisture will help prevent the scooter’s hardware from rusting.
- Give your scooter a good rinse every once in a while to remove dirt and debris. Simply use warm, soapy water (dish washing soap works well) and a sponge to clean the scooter. We recommend drying the hardware with a cloth to help prevent rust.
- Avoid doing tricks and jumps on Micro scooters. Micro scooters are designed for transport; they get you from one place to another quickly and comfortably. The scooter deck and wheels are designed for going along the pavement.
- For tricks and jumps, we recommend a stunt scooter. Stunt scooters typically have a handlebar that does not adjust or fold; a steel deck what can withstand the extra pressure put on it; and smaller wheels designed for short bursts of speed.
- Periodically check and tighten bolts and screws. This helps ensure that the scooter does not have undue stress put on the hardware.
What Happens if My Scooter Breaks?
First, don't panic, and more importantly, do not throw your scooter away! Micro scooters feature a modular design, meaning every single one of the scooters’ parts are unique and replaceable. If you have broken part (wheels, brake, deck, etc), replacement pieces can be found on our website. Our Customer Service team is also happy to assist and offer a proper diagnosis.
Micro Kickboard Customer Service can be reached Monday thru Friday, 9am-5pm EST at 888-236-5657 or via e-mail at email@example.com.